ChildEd’s vision is for all children worldwide to have access to quality secondary education. Secondary education – the equivalent of high school in the United States – is one key link to education that is not addressed as a sole focus by any other organization or charitable entity we have come across. In order to achieve our vision, we believe in an innovative but simple model for education that is built upon holistic education that includes health services, green technology in our school constructions, and economic sustainability from local revenue generation.
ChildEd believes, if poor, rural children worldwide have access to comprehensive secondary education that is both economically and environmentally sustainable; if their families have access to high quality health services, then economic and community growth will be stimulated, helping to alleviate the cycle of poverty in developing communities.
Encouraged by the support of local governments, ChildEdworks in collaboration with communities to provide innovative and replicable school models, high quality transformative educational resources, and better trained teachers in both the public and private education systems that ultimately offer students increased opportunity.
1. Library Support
2. English as a Second Language
3. Scholarships to Trade School and/or University
In addition to an excellent standard of education, we offer comprehensive healthcare programs and green technology for school construction and maintenance. Based on this model, each school is intended to become financially self-reliant and locally managed after year five.
2. Basic Health & Dental Services
3. Hygienic Education Facilities
ChildEd is committed to improving education conditions in South and Southeast Asia, the Caribbean, as well as Africa. We look to provide secondary level education opportunities and inclusive development programs that would not otherwise be available to children in these rural areas. Our inclusive education concept is founded on the idea of education that is accessible to any individual regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, or disability. Impact Tourism becomes the vehicle that enables us to accomplish our objectives.
ChildEd aims to accomplish two major social objectives. First, we seek to improve access to and quality of secondary education in rural communties we support globally through an emphasis on libraries, English as a Second Language curriculae, and scholarships to trade and/or university study. Second, we aim to help ensure students are physically and mentally in sound shape to participate and learn at school. Therefore we believe it is essential for us to ensure students have eye glasses as they go to class, that they have access to basic health and dental services to focus on their studies, and that their school facilities are hygienic. We believe that this basic concept ensures a viable model for students to study and have the tools to opportunity in their lives.
1. Innovation – An integral and sustainable approach to secondary education in rural communties globally; the potential to transform secondary education models in developing countries worldwide.
2. Sustainability – School communities will become financially self-sustaining in local communities through a diverse combination of revenue generation models.
3. Direct Social Impact – Community-driven project creates ownership; holistic education, inclusive accessibility, sustainable model, comprehensive healthcare; draws from both private and public education concepts; positively impacting community and economic development.
4. Large Reach & Scope – Direct and indirect impact to over hundreds of thousands and more community members; spill-over effect to public and private school systems aims to transform exponentially, radiating the effect to developing communities exponentially.
5. Replicability – Replicable framework that utilizes partnerships and customizable local income generating activities.